HVAB Announces 2021 Tourism Grant Recipients | News, Sports, Jobs
BELLEFONTE – The Happy Valley Adventure Bureau (HVAB), in partnership with the Central County Council of Commissioners, on Monday announced $ 461,300 in tourism grants for 48 projects that encourage visits and overnight stays in Happy Valley and enhance assets tourism.
The press conference took place at Bellefonte station, which houses the HVAB satellite reception center.
“The Happy Valley Adventure Bureau and the Commissioners are delighted that despite the impact of the pandemic on tourism grant program revenues, we were able to continue to fund many worthwhile projects, including the first recipients of subsidies “, said Fritz Smith, president and CEO of HVAB.
This year’s recipients include 10 * first-time nominees.
The following organizations have received grants:
1. Pennsylvania Chamber Orchestra – $ 3,000 for advertising
2. * State College Area Rowing Association – $ 8,000 to help support the construction of a low freeboard floating dock at West End Park in Howard, PA. This would allow the local club team to bid on events to be held at Bald Eagle State Park.
3. Happy Valley Women’s Cycling Team (Rothrock Grit Gravel Grinder) – $ 5,000 for the June 2022 event.
4. Bellefonte Art Museum – $ 10,000 for market exhibits, with a focus on the Journey to Freedom Underground Railroad.
5. The State Theater – $ 25,000 for marketing assistance
6. Central PA 4th Fest – $ 25,000 to support the July 4th fireworks display
7. Central Region Parks and Recreation – $ 3,500 to support the popular Central County Geocache Tour
8. Arboretum at Penn State – $ 8,000 to announce two flagship events: the Pumpkin Festival and the Winter Celebration
9. Grange Fair – $ 25,000 to increase the advertising campaign to promote the fair
10. The Crooked House (Milesburg) – $ 10,000 for the fabrication / installation of concrete sculptures and marketing costs
11. Nittany Mountain Bike Association – Harvest Fields Community Trails – $ 15,000 to support phase 2 of the project, which includes the construction of a skills park
12. Bryce Jordan Center – $ 7,500 for marketing to increase concert attendance
13. Discovery space – $ 15,000 for marketing
14. Nittany Lion Aquatic Club – $ 20,000 to cover the cost of renting the McCoy Natatorium to host five swimming competitions in the United States
15. Central PA Festival of the Arts – $ 7,000 for virtual festival marketing
16. First Night State College – $ 3,250 to help promote the event
17. Center Stage – $ 10,000 to market the next performance season, which begins in October
18. Penn’s Woods Music Fest – $ 2,800 to promote the event, which will take place June 13-25, 2022
19. Nittany Performing Arts Center – $ 5,000 to help develop this project
20. * Central PA Tasting Trail – $ 10,000 for a staging project coordinated by Elk Creek Cafe
21. PA Parks & Forest Federation (Friends of Rothrock) – $ 10,000 for continued trail design and development
22. Center County Library & Historical Museum – $ 10,000 for ongoing restoration work
23. * Havana Fest – $ 6,000 for a Cuban themed festival to be held in May 2022
24. Center Film Festival – $ 11,000 to market the festival, to be held November 5-7, 2021
25. Rhoneymeade – $ 4000 for new signage, event tents and marketing materials
26. * Arrondissement of Millheim – $ 5,000 for the promenade de Millheim “Second Saturday” events
27. State College Downtown Improvement District – $ 14,000 for resource improvement including art murals, plants / planters, etc.
28. Rowland Theater – $ 5,000 for new projectors
29. Bryce Jordan Center (Project 2) – $ 10,000 to promote incentives to attract big names
30. * Arrondissement of Millheim (Project 2, Millheim WalkFest of Art and Music) – $ 5,000 to help with the new event which will take place from July 9 to 11, 2021
31. * Snow Shoe Rails to Trails – $ 7,000 to develop a map / brochure of local businesses and legalized trails
32. Center County Farmland Trust – $ 5,000 to help develop agricultural road project
33. Philipsburg Revitalization Corp. – $ 5,000 for the market valuation day and the wine march
34. Downtown Bellefonte Inc. – $ 10,000 for Bellefonte Under the Lights and Fridays in the Fonte
35. * Central PA Tasting Trail – $ 9,000 for a new Oktoberfest event at Grange Park
36. * Canton de Ferguson – $ 9,000 for a new event: Route 45 Getaways
37. * Happy Valley Improv Festival – $ 17,000 for the marketing of this event, which will take place May 19-21, 2022
38. Center County Historical Society – $ 10,000 for marketing to attract visitors to sites administered by the CCHS
39. Center Bike – $ 1,000 for Ride with GPS license renewal
40. Historic Bellefonte Inc. – $ 40,000 for Historic Cruise, Arts & Crafts Fair, Victorian Christmas
41. Lucky Dog Management – $ 20,000 for the production of Happy Valley Music Fest
42. * Pottery Township Parks and Recreation – $ 6,000 for Emory and Geis Field Renovations
43. Columbus Chapel & Boal Mansion Museum – $ 3,750 for marketing
44. Tempest Productions – Theater and Dance Fest – $ 10,000 to help promote the June 2022 festival
45. Provisions Magazine – $ 10,000 for Happy Valley Restaurant Week