Meetings of Monday, December 20 | Printing features
Residents of Tupelo living north of Main Street will have a recycling pickup on Wednesday. Residents south of Main Street will be picked up next Wednesday.
• The Lee County Board of Directors meets on the first and third Monday of each month at 9:00 am at the Board of Directors office at 300 W. Main St., Tupelo, MS 38804.
• Tupelo City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chamber at Tupelo Town Hall, 71 E. Troy St., Tupelo, MS 38804
All meetings of the council of aldermen in the respective town halls:
Baldwyn • The first Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Guntown • the first Tuesday of the month
Nettle • First Monday of the month at 6.30 p.m.
Plantersville • The first Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Saltillo • The first Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Shannon • First Thursday of the month at 6 p.m.
Sherman • The first Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Verona • The first Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
• The AARP Tupelo Chapter will meet on the first Wednesday of each month in the Helen Foster Auditorium of the Lee County Library in Tupelo. The meeting is open to residents of Tupelo, Lee County, and surrounding counties. Call Henry Cobb at (662) 231-3507 or Lonnice C. Mitchell at (662) 566-7818.
• Al-Anon is a mutual support group of peers who share their experience in applying Al-Anon principles to issues related to the effects of a problem drinker in their lives. The Al-Anon Peace Seekers group meets every Wednesday at noon at the Calvary Baptist Church Family Life Center, 501 W. Main St., in Tupelo. For more information, contact Bob W. at (662) 401-8094.
• American Legion Station 51 in Fulton meets at 6:30 pm on the second Tuesday of each month. Bring a covered dish for supper. Call (662) 862-9230.
• BSF will begin its Book of Genesis study on September 17th, but due to COVID-19 we will start online. Group leaders will contact you and help you connect. Interested? Call 662-844-0427.
• The Bible Study Fellowship for Women meets Thursdays from 9 am to 10:30 am from September to May. The host church is The Orchard, 1379 Coley Road in Tupelo. For more information call (662) 844-0427 or visit bsfinternational.org.
• The Biggersville Dulcimer Club meets at 5:30 pm on the first and third Wednesday of each month at the Biggersville Pentecostal Church on the highway. 45 North, Biggersville. Call (662) 287-1054.
• Boone Country Dulcimers meets at 6 pm on the second and fourth Monday of each month at the Landmark Community Assisted Living Center in the old high school at 701 W. Church St., Booneville. Call (662) 728-5448 or email [email protected]
• Concerned Citizens For Justice meets at 6 pm on the second and fourth Thursday of each month at the AM Strange Library, North Spring Street, Tupelo. Call James Brim (662) 871-2531.
• Conservative Women in Action (CWIA) meets from noon to 2 pm on the second Tuesday of each month at McAlister’s Deli in Tupelo. CWIA is a group of women dedicated to “Making a difference, one change at a time”.
• Crosstown Dulcimer Guild meets from 6 pm to 8 pm on the first and third Monday of each month at Tupelo Baptist Church, 1406 Eckford Street. Call (662) 842-8318.
• The Fairfield Dulcimer Club meets at 6 pm on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Fairfield Presbyterian Church in Blue Springs. For more information, call (662) 534-8822.
• The gathering takes place at the Carolina United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall on the first Tuesday of each month from 9 am to 2 pm. Contact Patti Powell at (662) 760-7308.
• The Green Tee Neighborhood Association meets from 6 pm to 7 pm on the second Monday of each month at the Boys and Girls Club on Willie Moore Road. For more information, call Gladys Betts (662) 566-2075.
• GumTree Quilters Guild meets at 6:30 pm on the first Tuesday of each month at All Saints Episcopal Church, 608 W. Jefferson St., Tupelo. Anyone interested in the art of quilting is encouraged to attend. For more information, contact President Carolyn Terry at (512) 864-4018 or [email protected]; or Marcelle Bethany at (662) 680-3160.
• The Gum Tree Woodworkers Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the Old West Fish and Steak Restaurant. All carpenters in the region are invited to attend.
• Northeast Mississippi Indivisible: A grassroots, non-partisan organization of politically progressive voters in the First Congressional District. We follow the Indivisible.com to guide. Indivisible meets the second Tuesday of each month at the Link Center (West Entrance on Douglas Street) at 5:30 pm The meeting begins at 6:00 pm. Call MJ at (251) -597-7979 for more information.
• The Lee Acres Neighborhood Association meets the third Thursday of every month, except December. Meetings are held at the Lawndale Presbyterian Church in Tupelo at 6 p.m. For more information, call Donna Wardlaw at 662-372-1277.
• The Lee County Community Civitan Club meets at 9:00 am on the second Saturday of each month at Verona Town Hall. For more information, contact Sherry Garrett at (662) 231-4377.
• The Lee County Republican Club meets at 6:00 pm on the second Monday of each month (except December) at the Bar-BQ by Jim restaurant, 203 Commerce St., Tupelo.
• The Lee County Chapter of the National Council of Black Women meets at 6 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at the AM Strange Library on North Spring Street in Tupelo.
• The Lee County Shriners meet on the first Tuesday of each month at the Tupelo Shrine Club. Meetings include a meal and a program.
• The Magnolia Dulcimer Club meets at 6:00 pm on the first and third Monday of each month at First Presbyterian Church, 919 Shiloh Road, Corinth. Call Larry Kendall at (662) 728-4675 or Jan Pike at (662) 665-1871 or email [email protected]
• The Marine Corps League, GH Vaughn Detachment, meets at 7:00 pm on the second Monday of each month. Call (662) 272-5292 or (662) 327-4016.
• The Mindful Moments Mindfulness group meets from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm every Tuesday in the group room of Conscious Healing Therapies, 302 S. Spring St., Tupelo. Free, but love offerings are accepted for donation to the community. For more information, call (662) 841-8020.
• National active and retired federal employees will not meet until September.
• Newborns in Need meets 9 am to 2 pm on the second Saturday of each month at Saltillo City Hall and on the fourth Friday of each month at the Lee County Baptist Association. They provide sleepers, dresses, handmade quilts and blankets, funeral layettes and other necessary items for babies facing a health or economic crisis. Open to the public, the group asks people to bring sewing machines, sergers and scissors, along with a covered dish and a drink for lunch.
• The Northeastern Commission on Mental Health and Mental Retardation meets at noon on the last Thursday of each month at the Chemical Dependence Unit, 920 Boone St., in Tupelo.
• The Oxford Dulcimer Club meets at 6 pm on each second and fourth Thursday at Peace Lutheran Church in Oxford. Call (662) 234-3571.
• The Pontotoc Ridge Dulcimer Club meets at 6 pm on the first and third Thursday of each month at the Pontotoc library. Call (662) 489-5724.
• The Presley Heights Neighborhood Association meets at 6:30 pm on the second Tuesday of each month at the JT Neely building in Veterans Park.
• The RCDC Ratliff meets at 7:00 pm on the first Monday of each month. A potluck will be held at the start of the meeting. Visitors are welcome.
• Richmond Lodge 97 Free and Accepted Masons meets at 7 pm on the first Tuesday of each month at Lodge Hall in the Evergreen community.
• The Tupelo Rotary Club meets every Monday at noon, except holidays, at Calvary Baptist Church, 501 Main Street, Tupelo. Contact (662) 231-2995 or [email protected]
• The Rotary Satellite Meeting takes place from 5:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday at the Bulldog Burger in Tupelo. Contact (662) 231-1401 or [email protected]
• Seniors meet at 10 am on the first Monday of each month at the volunteer fire department at the new site.
• The Tippah Dulcimer Guild meets at 6:00 pm on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at the Ripley Public Library. Every fifth Tuesday, the guild meets at 6 p.m. at Shirley’s Restaurant in Ripley. Call (731) 609-9349.
• The Tupelo Ballroom Dance Club meets from 7:30 pm to 9 pm every Monday at the Dance Studio at 108 N. Spring St., adjacent to Sprint Print. The dances, which are at the beginner level, are free and open to the public.
• The Tupelo Christian Women’s Club, sponsored by Stonecroft Ministries of Kansas City, Missouri, is a club where women connect with God, with each other and with their communities through meetings and Bible studies. The club meets at 11:30 a.m., with a buffet lunch at 11 a.m., on the second Tuesday of each month at the Tupelo Country Club. Call (662) 844-5258 or (662) 869-5784.
• The Tupelo Duplicate Bridge Club meets at 1:00 pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at the Bel-Air Center in Tupelo. Call Suzi Rogers at (662) 346-4284 or Jeremy Herndon at (662) 321-1261.
• Evening Tupelo Civitan Club meets at 6:30 pm on the first and third Tuesday of each month at American Legion Post 49. Call (662) 871-8994 or (662) 213-3024 or email kppro77 @ gmail. com.
• The Tupelo Kennel Club meets at 6:00 pm on the second Tuesday of each month at McAlister’s Restaurant in Tupelo. For more information, call Tere Woody at (662) 416-1392.
• The Tupelo Lions Club meets every Tuesday at noon at the New China Buffet, 3877 N. Gloster St., in Tupelo. For more information, call (662) 231-2565.
• Tupelo Luncheon Civitan Club meets at 11:30 am every Thursday at Anchor Church in Verona. Call Marla Elmore at (662) 397-6747 for more information.
• The Tupelo Parks and Recreation Department’s Young at Heart Club meets from 6.30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Bel-Air Center in Tupelo every Thursday, except the 5th Thursday. Casual outfit. The meeting includes live music and dancing. Admission is $ 5 for a regular meeting and $ 7 for a catered meeting. It is forbidden to smoke or drink. For more information, call (662) 587-3514.
• Veterans of Foreign Wars will meet on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at 1748 Mitchell Road in Tupelo for a free meal followed by a reunion. For more information, call (662) 842-8732. We need your involvement.